Monday, November 11, 2013

Oh man, I really blew it this time!

Not only did I miss last week but I missed this week as well. For three years I never missed a blog entry after every walk--I did miss a few walks, but no need to go there! Has it really been three years?? I know I started this whole think in October but I can't be sure just how many Octobers ago. And two weeks ago I didn't write until the day after the walk for the very first time and it's been downhill (no pun intended) from there.  

I am rambling.... 

Ellen in front of the pretty tree.
Here's a quick synopsis: last week Louise and Larry came, Louise was sick and it was rainy so she wanted to just go home but we talked her into half a lap around Muddy River which she agreed to then she went home and Larry and I continued on all the way around Muddy River this time--our part of the river, that is--and there's me in front of that gorgeous tree, my leg is doing something funky but the tree is still pretty, one of my favorite colors.

Then yesterday Diane and I walked up Walnut Street to the Reservoir on Rt 9. It wasn't as far as I would have guessed and it was gorgeous! See on the left...We walked all the way around, admiring the architecture of the big beautiful homes around the reservoir, admiring the view, the foliage, the weather. Diane smiled and said hello to everyone who passed. It was very easy to count all the friendly folks who smiled back. We only needed one hand...


 
Here is Diane posing in front of the Brook House with their fancy new signage.


It's Veteran's Day today. A day to show appreciation to all the many people who have served our country in so many ways through many years and many wars. I went to work today because when the New York stock market is open, we are open. It's 9:40 now and I hear there will be snow tomorrow and I can't find my headband so I need to knit one tonight or my ears will be cold tomorrow. So Adios amigos, til next week.
~Ellen 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment