Monday, December 23, 2013

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day!



That's what we were, a ray of sunshine!  
The other two are way up ahead.
Seven of us stepped out on this warm but grey Sunday. We walked to and all the way around Jamaica Pond. We are sure the whole trip is 3.5 miles but Google brings it in just under 4.0.  I'll put Mr. Olmstead against Mr. Google any day. Wait a minute, I'm all mixed up. Google is higher. Okay, 4 miles it is. Google, you are alright by me!

    The kids are all home from college so you can guess what we talked about most! I don't know about Larry though (he has no kids in college these days), I didn't really get any just-Larry time. He was probably fixing the world, as usual! Next time, Larry.

Gail is also in this photo, at least her thumb is!


Louise and family are headed off to Iceland for New Year's! That sure is an adventure. She thinks the climate will be similar to Boston. Anyone know about that? Before Saturday would be helpful!



How do these guys stay warm when we
take all their feathers for our pillows?
 




And we talked about knitting..... octopuses! Go figure. And for those of you who think that should have been octopi, or even octopodes (pronounced ok-top-oh-deez, accent on the TOP) you're wrong. Well, you're not wrong but neither am I. I just got a full lesson from Miriam Webster and if you want to hear what I learned, let me know. It's actually rather interesting!


I love this house.


But back to the more mundane subject of knitting octopuses that turn into tetrahedrons.... did I say "mundane?" Sorry I don't have a photo...

Our friends the geese.








Well, it's Monday night and I'm behind schedule, as usual. So I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story.


Have a great week...or two...or three!
~Ellen 



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment