Sunday, July 14, 2013

Parker Hill Ave the Easy Way

I suppose there's no real easy way to walk up The Hill in humid 90* weather. We discovered the trick is to stop and rest every time we came to some shade. We noticed the breezes when we stopped and it was quite lovely. Then we trudged on--til the next shady spot! It was fun though, with Louise, Gail, and CATHY!!!! It was her first time joining us. First she rode her bike 3 miles to my house from hers in JP, then we went for our walk. Very impressive Cathy. It was nice to finally introduce her to Louise, the two librarians in my life. We all switched off and spoke to each other in every permutation possible. 


Here are two photos, almost the same but they both came out so nice, I couldn't pick just one. Cathy, in the bottom one, you look like a rock star about to start singing!

My birthday is Wednesday so tonight we're going out to dinner with Alvin and Advah. On Wednesday Howard and I will go out to eat again, just the two of us. Awww.


Just want to send a shout out to Betsy and the gang at Balch Lake. We spent July 4th there last week. It was super hot there too but we had a lake to float in for 4 days. Ahhhh. Thank you Betsy :)


Here's a video I made of our 4th there the previous year, if you'd like to see it. You can tell it was fun. We are one of 5+ families that gather up there every year having a blast eating and swimming and playing.


 

Have a great week everyone. Til next week, when we will definitely meet again to walk...Louise promised she wouldn't let me wiggle out of it. And besides, next Saturday is our annual neighborhood ice cream social!! I definitely won't be wiggling out of that so you will see me walking it off on Sunday, for sure.


I have a great life! 
 


 ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment