Sunday, July 29, 2012

How do we get home from here???

Yes, I got lost. It happens. This is a confusing city, the streets were built on cow paths. What do those cows know anyway?
I think we did more walking at yard sales today than for exercise. We lost Larry on Wait Street when we spotted a Tag Sale. Sorry Larry. The other two "L"s (Louise and Lynn) and I are addicts. It was worth it though, I got a microwave for Advah for her new apartment! (She also needs a toaster oven, so if you hear of any leads, do let me know.) Larry, please forgive us for choosing a bargain over you, it was certainly not personal ;) Louise chose a lovely ceramic piece that had apparently been a gift given by the great-grandfather of the house to his sweetheart wife on Valentine's Day many years ago! Awwww. And what a nice family holding the sale. Thanks Rebecca and Colin and all the rest!  

Here's something we all learned about today: lemon cucumbers. Larry discovered them in Alabama recently. They apparently look like lemons on the outside and inside they are like cukes with a mild lemon taste. Have I got that right Larry? He's going to try to get us some seeds. Though there may be a reason we don't know about them up north, perhaps our climate isn't conducive to their growth. Gee, could it be the cold? We'll see. 

I'm going to sign off now. I was distracted by some heavy phone calls between the cow and now and it's just time for me to move on. I hope everyone enjoyed the cooler day!     
~Ellen                                                                             


;)

1 comment: