Sunday, July 22, 2012

What a Beautiful Day!!


 We so need and deserve it!!  Granted it was warm in the sun but the shade was magnific!  The only problem for me was my aching back...  Louise was great though, she had no qualms about sitting on a shady bench for a good half hour instead of walking and getting more exercise.  What a sacrifice, what a pal :)   

Tough shot, building was bathed in light. Between camera
settings and Photoshop, came out half decent.



We sat in a lovely spot with a perfect view of the new building of the Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum.  Louise was full of info about the new building which I haven't been inside yet.  Then we were joined by a lovely older couple from the south shore waiting for the museum to open.  We were also joined by a gaggle or two of geese. At one point we realized we were totally surrounded!  They were coming from every direction, seemingly toward us but alas, they were just looking for their lunch in the grass.

We noticed that many of them were tagged and were wondering if anyone knows where that might have happened....here in Boston or up north somewhere?  One poor goose had a huge yellow tag around its neck.  It looked painful.  I don't remember the letters and numbers on it and my photo is blurry.


 
Anyone know how many geese in a gaggle.  There must've been 60 of them.

Okay, I just Gaggled it....I mean Googled it—hehehe! 

Apparently there's no specific number, it's just a flock or group over five. 

I better quit while I'm ahead.  See you all next week.
~Ellen


;) 

1 comment: