Monday, September 17, 2012

OMG, I forgot to write yesterday!

Harriet and Diane and I walked yesterday morning and I forgot to add an entry. I even have photos. We stepped outside and were met by a bikers parade!

At first we were a bit frightened because there must have been 50 or 60 police officers on motorcycles. We thought they were chasing someone! But they were followed or accompanied by another 40 or 50 civilian riders!  It was an amazing site, right there on Aspinwall Avenue, blocking our way. They went on and on. These photos don't do the experience justice. 

But wow.  

And today is Rosh Hashana. Services were lovely; Howard and I sat on the bimah and found this unusual perspective such an enriching experience. 

In the afternoon we joined many congregants and friends at Muddy River for Taschlich. The weather was gorgeous and we sang and prayed and tossed our sins into the river. It was like mannah from heaven for the ducks and geese: we threw sins, they received bread. It was miracle! 

I wish you all and your families a wealth of health and sweetness for the new year ahead. 



;)


No comments:

Post a Comment