Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ahhh....It's May

I know I often begin with saying: What a beautiful day. We are just blessed with a lot of beautiful days

Doorway
There is an annual outdoor art exhibit on Muddy River so there we went. Studio Without Walls 2013: Through the Trees showcases 12 temporary works of art by different artists. Some are fabulous, some, less so. All are large, colorful and a pleasure to experience. Here to the right we have a photo of Gail and Larry, chosen to pose because they matched the artwork. I know you're not supposed to choose your artwork to match your sofa, but we couldn't resist. Those are actually hand crocheted flowerlets of sorts, with an interesting woven mandala made of twigs in the background. The photos were titled by our photographer of the day, Louise.

Anemones
Anemones, to the left, are star-like creatures made from pink and white fabric-y foam-ish material. The pieces were actually folded and stitched into these pointy shapes. I really liked this installation; it felt like being underwater. Sort of.

Not Sure if I Sent You This One Already


To the right is moi posing before the natural art installation, a canopy of trees in bloom called: Not Sure if I Sent You This One Already. I know, it's got a funny name. That Louise, what a funny gal. Now I see that I actually match this particular artwork. And I'm also noticing a very tiny patch of belly showing. Hmmm....

Our dear friend Harriet is mourning the loss of her father this week. He was almost 91 and yet this was quite unexpected. The whole walking group sends its condolences to Harriet and her mom Jean, and Beth of course.

And on the other side of the coin, Larry and Denise will be traveling to California next week to meet their new granddaughter! To them we send our warmest congrats.

Next week we will celebrate and be celebrated on Mother's Day. Perhaps we'll see you at Arnold's Arboretum enjoying Lilac Sunday. That's my traditional Mother's Day morning spent with one or both of my girls.

The week after that we will be picking up Sophia from college! We won't be walking together for a while, so I wish you all a lovely three weeks.

~Ellen



;)

No comments:

Post a Comment