Sunday, November 11, 2012

Oh gosh, it's been a month...

I did sneak in a few long walks, usually multi-tasking to Trader Joe's or CVS. Last Saturday I walked to Town Hall and voted early! It was great, while you were all standing in long lines on Tuesday, I was in and out in 10 minutes. I even got my I Voted sticker. Is everybody happy with the results?! Even Sophia voted for the first time at college. Of course she voted in NY. Doesn't she have to be a resident to vote in NY? And if she is a resident, don't we get to pay resident tuition? Makes you think...well it makes me think, anyway.

This morning Louise and I did some multi-tasking. We walked to TJ Maxx. We figure that's about 3.5 miles round-trip. And what a day for a long walk, on a gorgeous sunny Fall day, not too hot and not too cold. Turns out that Louise and I are kindred spirits at the Hardware store!  It's one of both our favorite shopping experiences! Who knew? I wanted an awl; I lost my beautiful old antique awl with its worn wooden handle, aged with time and use. They don't seem to sell awls anymore; I was led to the ice-pickers, screw-starters, and scribes. (I always thought a scribe was someone who hand-wrote Torahs, not a sharp pointy thing with a plastic handle.) I opted for the screw-starter, multi-tasking again. I suspect that some of you readers are not hardware store junkies like Louise and I, so I will move on. 

We talked about the nearby Clearflour Bakery but I was afraid I'd cancel out all the good walking I was doing. That place is bread-heaven (second only to hardware stores!)

See what happens when we shift course away from our normal route? But I promise we did talk about our kids and Lynn's cutie-pie of a granddaughter whom I was lucky enough to meet recently! And we talked about the hurricane. Did you all fare well? We did fine inside our house, but outside they stripped the branches off all our beautiful trees. They were leaning on the electrical wires, I guess there was no choice. They look so sad now. Louise, on the other hand, lost power for four days. None of the utilities were available to help her because they were all on our street cutting down trees...  

I don't think I'll be able to walk next week, it's Larry Hoffman Weekend at TOS. But the next perhaps. Sophia will be home but she'll probably have left by late Sunday morning. Oh, I must tell you about Sophia's good luck. Her friend won a contest to see One Direction (a cute boy-band from England if you don't know) at Madison Square Garden next month. She's allowed to bring a friend....guess who she picked?!! My girl, that's right :) So you see, dreams can come true!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, Ellen


;)  




No comments:

Post a Comment